5 Camera Ready Makeup Tips
By Patricia Castro
So you’ve planned your outfits and locations for your Senior Session, but you are forgetting one thing….makeup! Check out these 5 camera ready makeup tips that are sure to take your photo session to the next level!
1. Planning for your photo session is exciting! Outfits, hairstyles, and your picture perfect poses are all running through your mind! But don’t forget to drink water and keep your skin moisturized on the day and days leading up to your photoshoot! Whether you are rocking a sweet and natural look, or going fierce and full glam, makeup lays and photographs better on smooth supple skin.
Don’t go Pop Crazy!
2. Have a stubborn pimple? Don’t go pop crazy! Pimples happen to the best of us, and it seems before an important day new ones always seem to appear, ugh! Don’t go the harsh route. Instead, opt for some mild toner and tea tree oil to treat your breakouts. A professional makeup artist and great lighting will make breakouts appear less prominent, plus you don’t want a dark red spot or small scab to be the center of attention on your big day!
Three Photoshoot Must-Haves
3. If you could only choose 3 items of makeup to wear for a photoshoot, pick these!
Powder– Powder is essential for photography because it keeps the face looking smooth and matte. It also helps hide any excess oil.
Mascara/ False Lashes– It’s important to bring out your eyes in photos and accentuating your lashes is a great way to make them sparkle without worrying about applying eyeshadow. Opt for a good curl with a few coats of mascara or natural lashes! My personal recommendation are Arielle Wispies! You can find them at your local drugstore for a few bucks!
Blush & bronzer– Under studio lighting and even natural light, our color can tend to wash out. Don’t be afraid to make those cheeks nice and rosy, it will give your face depth, and look fabulous in camera!
Don’t Forget the Lips
4. Bring a change of lip color! Some photo sessions include different looks and outfits, take advantage and have fun by quickly swapping out your lipgloss to match the vibe of your outfit or the environment! I opt to start with a more natural lip color, then change it to a pink or red for some added variety or drama in your photos!
Don’t forget to Smile!!!
5. SMILE! It doesn’t matter how much makeup you have on, or how cute your outfits are. The most beautiful thing about you, is your smile and your light! Let it shine!!!
All makeup by Patricia Castro Makeup
Patricia Castro is a Makeup Artist based in Los Angeles, CA. Her work ranges from bringing out natural beauty to creating custom, colorful, and bold looks for those who want a little more glam. Her passion is to make you feel beautiful inside and out!
Follow her on Instagram for some fun behind the scenes, photos, and updates or to book your next beauty appointment today!